TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – At its annual meeting this month, the Florida Health Choices Board of Directors unanimously elected Edward “Butch” Simpson to serve as chairman…
Florida Health Choices, Inc. will soon begin operating Florida’s Insurance Marketplace and, at this time, we are pleased to announce the pending appointment of the Agent Steering Committee.
A contract for third party administration services has been awarded to Ceridian Exchange Services, LLC in partnership with eHealth, to establish the information technology and business infrastructure necessary to support and launch the marketplace in 2011. When in operation, the portal will serve as Florida’s voluntary marketplace in which employers, their employees, agents and health insurers can engage and conduct business.
As we proceed with implementation, the Florida Health Choices, Inc. board of directors seeks the input of insurance agents and will form a steering committee. The steering committee will be comprised primarily of insurance agents licensed in the State of Florida and will include at least one consumer representative.
When established, the areas of program design in which the agent steering committee’s suggestions and advice would initially be sought include:
- Program eligibility criteria for Agents/Buyer’s Representatives
- Propose agent training requirements and opportunities for continuing education
- Drafting terms and conditions of agent participation
- Development of compensation recommendations and participation fees
- Identification of efficient referral processes to participating agents
- Test the agent portal during development and recommend future enhancements
If you, or someone you know, would like to be considered for appointment as an agent or consumer representative on the committee, I hope you will respond to this invitation by Monday, January 10, submitting a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. You may direct any questions you have to the same address or call the phone number indicated below.
Chairman of the Board